Monday, February 22, 2010

When it was warm in Helsinki

I wish to learn to be everywhere all the time; to be here in Helsinki while my fingers make love to my fiancé's soft skin; study in the Netherlands while I kiss the dust of Sahara under the exploding sky; my heart desires to be here and there and even though they say nothing is impossible, people meet their limits in one way or another. I came to Helsinki last week for the first time in six months & at first I was afraid, no idea where I had arrived, left behind my love in Croatia, entered unknown and now after four days I'm bitterly disappointed that I am unable to stay in the city longer than just a week. No matter what I ever say, Helsinki & her people will always be my home, this is the city where I was raised; where I witnessed my first snowflakes, sunshine, birds and hawks; where everything for me began. Helsinki is a city that never expects anything back, she keeps giving and giving and after awhile you are bored of everything new you receive -- only when you leave and new ceases, you begin to appreciate the moments once again.

My current visit to Helsinki was the shortest in the history; I came here last Thursday and I most probably will leave day after tomorrow which makes me very sad. This is my city; I never imagined that I would actually leave the Nordic (sometimes mistakenly also Scandinavian) Queen for good. Funnily enough I never miss the city when I am away; however, whenever I come and visit Helsinki it gets harder and harder to leave it. Especially as it seems that my visits are getting just shorter and shorter; at this pace, it will soon become a stranger to me.

HELSINKI 2008; AUTUMN.


I like to disco I like to party I like to groove, but more importantly I like to
all the things mentioned above with Helsinki.


The bay of Toolo said that Helsinki is a poor dancer;
he told a lie so only he would have a glimpse to disco-moves in Heaven.


Autumn told me that the bay and she had been lovers once, but when
Helsinki danced with the leaves, it all was over after that
-- they both fell for the city.


I take trams in the city.
I take buses in the city.
I take metros in the city.
I take walks in the city.
And when I do things mentioned above
I am more and more in love with Helsinki.


The Bay of Toolo, autumn and I watch Helsinki constantly, non-stop.
And she watches us, always with love.
And we all are happy.

1 comment:

  1. aww... the photos are so vintage and your account is so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete